Winchester Imaging COVID-19 Policy
The CDC guidelines state that fully vaccinated individuals do not have to wear masks in most indoor settings, except on public transit, healthcare facilities, and in congregate settings.
We have updated our COVID policy starting on November 17, 2022. Follow the link below to learn what you need to know before coming to your appointment.
Winchester Imaging COVID-19 policy update November 17, 2022
Do I Need To Wear A Mask To My Appointment?
Patients may opt to mask as a personal preference.
When you arrive at your appointment
We sincerely appreciate your loyalty and respect your concerns regarding this unique situation. It is times like this we are reminded why we chose the healthcare profession, to provide service and care to our community. When they are in need. Rest assured we are working hard to give you a safe, convenient, high-quality diagnostic imaging experience.
Current Safety Measures in Place at Winchester Imaging:
- All patients and visitors may opt to mask as a personal preference. Unvaccinated visitors are encouraged to voluntarily mask.
- We are asking that you limit the number of visitors to one visitor per patient.
- Vendors shall remain masked at all times.
- If you have tested positive for COVID we ask that you wait 7 days from your positive test result or until your symptoms resolve before we see you for your appointment.
- All individuals will follow appropriate isolation precautions for any given patient.
Thank you for reviewing the Winchester Imaging COVID-19 Policy
We appreciate your understanding during this time, and we look forward to continuing to provide excellent service within our community!